Vehicle Impound

If your vehicle is at our facility, there are certain things we will need in order to release your vehicle.

1.  If your vehicle is here as a result of being towed from a car accident, notify your insurance company and they will walk you through the process.  Typically, the insurance company will send their appraiser to our facility to view the vehicle and assess the damages.  If the vehicle is repairable, they will discuss repair locations with you, and we will tow the vehicle to the shop of your choosing to be repaired.  If the vehicle is deemed to be a total loss, the insurance company will send a salvage company to pick the car up in order to finish the claim process and get you a check for your car.

2.  If your vehicle is here as a result of being towed from private property, you will need to show proof of ownership, along with a state issued identification, and pay the towing and storage fees, and applicable sales tax.  Proof of ownership can be shown in the form of a vehicle title, memo title, or current registration.  A bill of sale or insurance card are NOT considered proof of ownership.

3.  If your vehicle is here as a result of a law enforcement impound, the release requirements may vary depending on the circumstances for the tow/impound.  We will need a release from the impounding agency, along with your proof of ownership, and payment of the charges.  The police agency can tell you further what may be needed in order to get the release from them.  (ie: court release, bmv release, new license plates, reinstate drivers license, etc) 

4.  If the conditions for release include immobilization of your vehicle, the court will arrange for a police officer to come to our facility to install the immobilization device (usually a wheel club).  We will then be able to tow your vehicle to your home, where it will sit rather than accruing further daily storage charges at our impound facility. 

5.  Other requirements may exist, depending on the situation.  Please inquire with our office, and/or the law enforcement agency to find out what will apply to you in order to get your vehicle released.